Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thank you to my friends over at The Idolator, for alerting to me to this ridiculousness.

Let me tell you, readers. I've let this band slide under the radar, allowing them to proceed as the novelty act that they are. I haven't mocked the goth Jordan Catalano and his Manson-lite rocker persona that he so desperately projects with his band 30 Seconds to Mars.

But this, really gets my Irish up. Many celebrities live in an alternate reality. That doesn't usually bother me unless it directly affects me. Jared, has just become my problem.

I guess Jared missed the social revolution. I guess he was filming "My So Called Life" when Matt Drudge broke an international story that changed Presidental history. He probably doesn't even know that Matt Drudge is a blogger.

Jared Leto's ignorance, isn't of interest to me. His outspoken stupidity, however, is of interest.

As a blogger, I take umbrage at his comments and therefore, I won't contribute to his sales. I won't buy his merch, I won't buy tickets to his shows, I won't buy his MP3's or his albums and I won't contribute to his box office.

I urge everyone out there to similarly show Jared that we aren't "yesterday's parachute pants," where it hurts him - in his pocket.

No comments: