Thursday, March 20, 2008

I started my new job with advertising/interactive agency Red Tettemer 5 days ago. Prior to that, I took a few days to decompress and rest up, which included leaving my computer behind. Just my handheld for contact, I checked in with Twitter and text and otherwise unplugged. Not surprisingly, my carpel tunnel faded and I was able to sleep well at length.

My first week at RT has exceeded my expectations, the agency is an even more seemless fit for how I work than I anticipated. The staff is enormously creative and strategic, which makes work days even more fun as we cook up new ways for our clients to connect with customers.

When I get a chance, I have a few social media items to discuss here. For now, I just want to plug Twitter Karma, the tool many of us on Twitter have been eagerly asking/waiting for! This service shows you who u follow and who follows you or more importantly, who you don't follow and who doesn't follow you! Very helpful, if like me, you view Twitter as a dialogue platform.

Oh! I can't believe I almost forgot this! I'm on the cover of PRWeek this week with my esteemed GPTMC colleagues for our work with new/social media & uwishunu to promote Philly. Very exciting stuff. PRWeek has always been the bible for my industry and it's a thrill for our work to be recognized by the publication and so prominently.

2 comments:

Mother Dearest said...

So happy to hear that RT is going so well. I knew it would be a good place for you, although you're madly missed on the uwishunu team. Have a great weekend!

Social Anniemal said...

awww! I miss being "inside" our uwishunu team! Good thing y'all are so connected that we stay closely in touch online (and in person!). Actually, I have a few drafts of uwishunu.com blog entries preheating in my mind. My new work location has exposed me to new dope spots to visit and try! Gotta write that Philly goodness up;)