Thursday, November 09, 2006

Here's a cool Mogwai Link that a friend just sent me. Being both a Mogwai and a Zidane fan, I'm loving these clips.

The thing about prog rock that a lot of people can't get into is the abstractness of the music. Some people prefer music that is literal, or more simply, lyrical. What I love about prog rock is that it leaves most of the interpretation open to each listener. It can be a song of many things to many people.

For those people who need the literal in their music (like Oops, she did it again !), they can listen and watch clips like this that bands and fans are creating with common laptop tools and absorb various interpretations of music with literal images.

In the case of Zidane, very hot images...Thanks Mogwai!

1 comment:

schrodinger said...

It took me about 2 year after Chris went to see them in 2001, that Mogwai were not just a "bunch of noise" I'm really loving them now. Might take me longer to like Zidane though ;)