Friday, November 23, 2007

Whew!It's been a while since I've posted. I had a spate of bad luck. First my laptop mysteriously died, then I lost my wallet while running around trying to get my laptop repaired. Two days later, I tore my miniscus in my knee.

My laptop is semi-repaired thanks to a colleague in my work web department who patiently sat with it, ran checks, updated it, removed and reinstalled programs. However, I have to call out Dell Customer Service, who, perhaps *because* of Jeff Jarvis's loud voice about his experience with them, have been OUTSTANDING in response to me. The customer service rep was patient with me (and I'll admit, I was cranky and frustrated with him) and has called me everyday for 10 days to check on the machine and see how it is working. I would definitely recommend Dell to anyone looking for a new machine.

My latest social media indulgence has been Firebrand. This is an exciting platform for Madison Avenue. It's a home and community for great commercials. I love it! We were all tired of commercials on TV because it was oversaturation. We were drowning in them, ergo, the fast adoption of DVR. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a place for advertising, especially spots done artfully. Firebrand is that place. I love the idea of giving consumers a CHOICE to view ads rather than force feeding us where we are captive. I have a feeling consumers will embrace this less disruptive advertising.

For now, here's one of my favorite spots of recent years:

No comments: