Monday, June 09, 2008

As the 4 (including me) readers to this often at-rest blog know, I have an obsession with Twitter. Fortunately, being in this community is a part of my job, so fueling this obsession is actually beneficial to my career.

That said, for all the time I spend tweeting and keeping up with the 650+ people I follow on there, I never seem to make any of the twitter app stats that my colleagues are on. I'll admit, it's shallow, but when I first started tweeting about 17 months ago, I coveted a position on Twitterholic. I marveled at those with huge followings who seemed to tweet golden eggs with every character. Later came Tweeterboard, which I never made either, but the people I tweeted with made it!

One day last week, my friend Brennen tweeted that I made
Dave Winer's Twitter Spewage List. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I should be excited or concerned about making Winer's Spewage, the word "spew" means vomit and that's really not so nice. That said, Dave's intro made it seem less hateful and hell, a lot of people I respect are on the list; I'm stoked anytime I'm in their company. (BTW: pls note that I am now BEATING Barak Obama on that list. Vote Heckenberger in 2012! w00t!)

Today, however, marks a very exciting day in my shallow social media life, because I made Guy Kawasaki's list of Twitterati on Alltop. Now first, I should note, there is no algorithm to Twitterati. I didn't tweet the most (although some people may contest that), don't have the most followers, don't follow the most people. None of that. Alltop's Twitterati is based on their "gut" and thhe feedback/nominations of the twitter community.

And that's why I'm so stoked about making this "list." Because someone in the community actually took the time to nominate me and somehow, Guy and the people at Alltop listened!

This is what community is all about. Thanks you guys. You made my day.

1 comment:

Brennen said...

Thanks for the shout-out Annie!