Thursday, July 03, 2008

So much going on the social media world!

A few weeks back, my favorite new part-time ninja Judson Collier, launched the fun twitter app twitterbash. Check it out, it's fun to rate your favorite tweets.

The much talked about news of the last 24 hours is the launch of potential twitter-killer identi.ca, whose clean, green design is a breathe of fresh air for this social media enthusiast who is tired of social sites weighing themselves down trying to be everything to everyone and designing in blue. Enough with blue already! Use another color! Sadly, identi.ca is already having capacity problems from the legions of twitter users whom have defected, hoping that this will be a microblogging service that may actually *work* rather than be down daily.

Last for now, I'm trying out twitterphone, a phone that lets you phone in your tweets and sends them in text and audio files to your twitter. It's actually working at the moment, I'm impressed, but it should be interesting to see what it does when a user talks over 140 characters. I'll keep you posted on that!

More to come soon...

2 comments:

Jeanne Breault said...

It would be hard for me to tweet under 140 chars if I were phoning it in! Even when voicemails I get cut off because my message was too long...too much "stream of consciousness" when I'm talking, I guess. At least I can edit it out when I'm typing it!

Social Anniemal said...

No No No, that's the beauty of twitterphone, it tweets up to 100-something characters and then automatically provides a twitterphone URL in that tweet. So that if you're cut off because of too many characters in the voicemail, your followers can go right to the twitterphone page and read the whole tweet OR listen to the whole audio file online. It's awesome! Try it:)