Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I've been crazy busy lately and the only free time I've had, I've spent sleeping. Therefore, I don't have much for you right now.

Here's something. Freecycle is one of my favorite web sites because it's not just useful, it's also helpful, and I really think we should all try to be more helpful to (wo)mankind.
Life is too short.

I've been thinking about life being short lately as well. August can be reflective time for me because it's the precursor to September 11th. This year marks the 5th anniversary of the attacks. More than a handful of my friends were killed in the World Trade Centers'.

So I mentally prepare for the enslaught of media coverage, the barrage of prayer emails, the proliferation of powerpoint's filled with images of soldiers in Iraq as I think about my friends and laugh at the good times we had together and wonder if the rest of America still takes a moment to look at their faces. So many of them, so young. So vibrant. Good people.

Maybe this year will be the year, that someone does something truly meaningful to commemorate the victims online. Skip the viral emails with the blame games and the horrific photos of the buildings that most of us can't erase from our memories anyway. Maybe this year, someone will use Web 2.0 tools to spotlight the warm, smiling faces of almost 3,000 people that were killed in-flight or sitting at their desks on a beautiful Tuesday morning five years ago.

If only we used our powers for good more often;)

No comments: