Monday, June 25, 2007

Enough with the Facebook talk already! Many of my social media friends are now leaping on the site since the all-ages floodgates opened and I can't understand the wonderment. The best thing about Facebook was that it was a private community. Now it's MySpace. Think of this way - remember how hanging out in the student center at college was cool because parents and younger brothers and sisters weren't there? It was you, Joe and Jane College, and the university community. Your peers in a (somewhat) gated and therefore (somewhat) safe community. Now imagine if your lounge in the student center invited the senior citizens center and the PTA and the teen leagues to come and use the lounge.

That sucks. The novelty shall wear off, I suppose.
*~*
You know what I need? I need my Moto Q to 1)Charge when it's connected to a PC and 2)Have better battery life. Love the product, hate the battery life. It's almost as bad as my video iPod. Grrrr.

2 comments:

Goddess Crystal's Pet said...

Okay, so will the kids keep forcing new media as they try and escape the parents?

I remember way back in 2005 talking with one client about doing a MySpace page but decided it was mostly for kids . . . hmm, silly me.

Anonymous said...

I cannot agree more with you about keeping Facebook off limits to outsiders. I don't quite like the thought of my friend's parents and my boss-es wanting to friend me on facebook.

(How are you otherwise!!!)