Tuesday, June 05, 2007

So I'm sitting here at home, doing more work (but at home it's so much more pleasant, isn't it?), when I started to look at my AIM buddy list. I have a whole section there for Bots

I realized I haven't used any of my bots in ages and was curious to see if they were still active, so I clicked on the SmarterChild bot. I remember when it came out in 2000 or 2001 and I thought it was so novel. I used it for two months and then forgot about it. I played a few rounds of hangman and then wondered to myself, is the novelty and functionality of bots over?

Has social media like myspace and event sites and small business domains become so prevalent and accessible and that we no longer need Bots for quick searches or answers?

Let me know what you think.

~*~
One more thing: tres cool pic here. You click and drag your mouse up and down and will find yourself Alice in a virtual wonderland;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No way. I absolutely love bots like the MovieFone bot, where I can snag movie times insanely quick.

And let's not forget the Santa Claus bot, which always makes me smile come the holiday season.

Bots, No Lying