Monday, August 07, 2006

If I haven't updated as frequently as I should or would like to it's because I've been busy working and monitoring all of these changes that have been evolving with emerging media.

How about that Digg Kid making the cover of BusinessWeek? Good for you, Kevin. Certainly makes my work easier as I spend a great deal of time educating colleagues and clients about influential community edited sites like digg.

There's a lot of campaign talk starting. Campaign engines are starting. I love campaign time, not only because I get excited about the democractic process (although I do...) but also because I love to see campaign tactics evolve. I guess it might be similar to a someone with a passion for carpentry watching "This Old House."

Howard Dean changed the game a few years ago by showing how the Internet can be used to mobilize voters and support fundraising. MoveOn.org picked up where he left off. The Bush campaign used an old smear tactic made-new and "swift boated" Kerry.

And now, ages before campaign time, we have an Al Gore parody already on youtube.

I expect the podcasts, viral videos, social network profiles, rss feeds, text messaging opt-in's and blogs to amp up any day now. And I look forward to it.

The world is in the process of a massive social revolution and if a candidate can't navigate these waters, I can't imagine I'd feel confident in him or her as representative of this nation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Republicans are evil, and yes that was insidious. My anger is summed up best by this officePirates bit:

http://www.officepirates.com/officepirates/fyi/0,26102,1223888,00.html