Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's so hot that I'm actually running out to purchase an emergency cell phone battery after work...because, you know, God forbid I be without text capibilities in the event of another blackout.

Oh, BTW, that's little tip for anyone out there caught in a blackout. Texting rather than making calls on your phone uses less battery power.

And finally, I can't decide how I feel about this. As a long time fan of street artists worldwide (Go Banksy), I can appreciate the idea of going street for a marketing campaign, but I'd hope that you have the product to back up that approach. And I'm not thinking the "Old Grey Lady" that we all know and love is street.

That said, who knows? Maybe she's about to announce a new grandaughter? Hopefully something goth. I'm seeing a tabloid sized black-sheet with white English Gothic font. Underground, black market. A broadsheet you can only get if you know where to find it and what the password is. Something people store inside trenchcoats.

Now's a great time for the NYT to step it up. Live up that campaign.

No comments: