Friday, August 25, 2006

Remember when MTV used to be cool? I do. That's how old I am.

I'll admit it, I'm still an MTV watcher. Leave me alone, I'm a music addict. I have to get my fix anywhere possible. So I went to this site to see MTV's dip into an interactive VMA's this year.

Oh. My. Lameness.

There used to be a time when MTV was the bastion of cool. Cutting edge. So I guess they decided to go back to cool and try to be a tipster on trend with NYC. They missed the mark.

Top 5 NYC blogs they list: Stereogum, ProductShopNYC, the Music Slut, Last Night's Party and BrooklynSki Club.

Now, I'm not a hater, so I'm not beating down on any blogs. That said, ummm, does Last Night's Party even cover NYC parties anymore? Great photos on the site - don't get me wrong. I love seeing naked drunk people licking strangers as much as the next person. But that site is supposed to give you a feel for NYC? I subversively love that they linked BrooklynSki Club because I always thought that site was born out of a group of Brooklynites who liked to go out and do drugs together. I mean, that *is* the double entendre, right?

No mention of my favorite NYC blogs: Gawker (I mean, you want to know what what's going on in NYC? No one chases the NY Post or the hallowed halls of Conde Nast like Gawker), animalnewyork who cribs the tag art scene around town, East Village Radio - probably the #1 coolest thing about NYC is this Internet radio station that operates out of a tiny defunct storefront in the east village with rotating locals talking and spinning on-air and hot, sometimes-major bands actually pop in and do interviews. What about Ultragrrl who is not just one of the hottest DJ's for the hottest party in town, but also now a local celeb in her own right? And of course, the city's other rawk czar, Miss Modernage.

I can't even get into the "hot parties" they've listed on the site. My head is spinning.

Must. Erase. Memory. Of. VMA. Site.

1 comment:

... said...

Double entendre wrong...but that's ok. That mistake has been made before.