Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ahhh, and now it's Disney's turn on the hotseat. I guess they should review the story of David and Goliath. When will corporations learn to engage and communicate with the consumer, rather than continue to make this mistake?

And last, because everyone who knows me knows that I've been talking relentlessly about Mobile as THE Future for consumer tech for years now, we have iPhone. Everyone's asking me what I think about iPhone. I think the same thing that I think about most Apple products. It looks sexy, it'll be first to market, I probably won't love it. My like for the iPod was solely for the storage capes, otherwise, I'm cold on Apple products. I like their design but I'm not down with their elitist attitude. Buy my product and BTW, you have to use my other product? Screw that.

I guess my question for Apple will be, when my iPhone battery dies, do I have to buy a whole new phone?

And here's real expert (Disclosure: She's also a personal friend, but I swear we have never discussed this!) who also isn't waiting for an iPhone with baited breath:

2 comments:

schrodinger said...

Yeah, Mr B is all over the iphone. I have to say that I never really thought of apple as elitist - maybe I'm just a snob?

Social Anniemal said...

It's that they make products like the iPod to only interface with iTunes that I find elitist.