Monday, January 15, 2007

This new campaign, Letitout.com by Kleenex, caught my eye. The core concept is very much like the widely covered campaign I worked on last year for my Secret client.

The point of difference, is that Kleenex is applying a similar concept in a very different way, and I have to say, I think they've done a great job with it. I wonder who their agencies are? I saw an ad spot on TV for it and because it is a unique and modern approach for a tissue brand that certainly doesn't have a brand awareness problem, I went to the website to check out their execution.

They don't have much submitted content yet, I'll be interested to watch and see if consumers do participate. The one thing they may have overlooked is providing incentive for the consumer to participate. I didn't see that.

Also, savvy is their involvement of a Blogher blogger as the editor for their blog. Looks like that may be a rotating post, but it sure is smart to involve a broad and respected community of bloggers like Blogher.

Creating and fostering an emotional bond for the consumer via Kleenex and in a way that their product *can't* get lost in the story - they're telling you to let it out! And use a Kleenex when you do so!

Well Done, Kleenex. Nice to see a corporate entity execute well online for once.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the kind words about the Let it Out Blog and BlogHer. I'm the blogger and I'll be blogging regularly at letitout.com.

The site features are progressing and there will be ongoing posts to come with which I hope to invite and encourage participation.

And let me give a shout out to one of my many former homes - Philly! Great city.

Cheers,
Maria

Social Anniemal said...

Wow - quick response and trackdown! I'm impressed, Maria.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you. The problem with the suits is that they don't get it, but Kleenex seems to. How refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie
This is the Good Listener, and though I am not part of the blog, thanks Maria, for your great work on the site. We are actually going to be in Philly on the 20th of June. Please come on down, and if you like, experience the couch phenom first hand.
All the best,
Geof