Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I have seen the future and apparently, it's name is now Joost. I'm one of the lucky Beta testers of what was formerly code named "The Venice Project" and is now named "Joost." I can't say much about it because I'm bound to a confidentiality agreement, I'll just basically reiterate what Wired says in their piece today.

This platform is flippin' amazing! I've been sitting at my desk just going ape over it. They warned us that this was going to blow youtube out of the water, but I can't believe what I'm seeing. It's just so SMART. Not just the architecture behind the platform, which I'm not technical enough to figure out, but the features they added - Instant Message, News Tickers, Rating systems that are like picture-in-picture P2P tools...it's so SMART. They thought of everything I want to do as a multitasking entertainment geek.

I'd better stop now before I say something I shouldn't. Just wait. Joost is going to change everything.

PS - Here's a screen grab of Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Making of the Video." Look at that resolution. Live TV! No more waiting to download from iTunes. Wooohooo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Heckenberger... Paging Ms. Heckenberger, please pick up the white courtesy phone. You leave town with not so much as a goodbye and you can contact me at this email. email me directly at tony.telloni@bm.com... time's a wastin'. PS -- I actually feel cool because I've read the Wired article and am so jealous... how do i become a beta user?